What is the Meaningful Miles Challenge?
The Meaningful Miles Challenge is a fundraising and engagement program for Nationwide Children’s Hospital. All participants are encouraged to commit to 13 or 26 Meaningful Miles challenges while fundraising to make a positive impact in their community. We also encourage participants to incorporate running or walking into these activities.
If you havent already, register to commit to go above and BEYOND this year by participating in the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Meaningful Miles Challenge as a Children’s Champion. Celebrate your love for running, walking, the race and Nationwide Children’s Hospital while making each step more meaningful through a series of fun challenges and fundraising activities. Not a runner or walker? You can still participate!
There’s no way to go wrong. During this unprecedented time, we know doing good in the world around us matters more than ever. By registering for this challenge, you are helping make our mission possible: to provide the highest quality of health care regardless of the family’s ability to pay.
Below are a few examples of Meaningful Miles Challenge activities for inspiration, but we also encourage you to get creative too! How do you want to make the world a little brighter? Check out our Fundraising Guide and Digital Tool Kit for additional challenge ideas, fundraising tips, social media graphics and more.
- Dedicate one of your runs/walks to a Patient Champion or area of the hospital – make a video message and share on social.
- Ask for 13 or 26 donations.
- Tag a family member or friend on social and share what you admire about them.
- Write an encouraging note to one of our Patient Champions and send to Megan.Bano@NationwideChildrens.org
- Invite someone to participate in the Meaningful Miles Challenge.
- Send a card, text or email to a friend that has encouraged you to reach your goals.
- Run/walk through an area of Columbus that brings back a special memory. Take a photo and share your memory.