Nationwide Children’s Hospital Foundation Commitment to Our Donors
Last Updated: May 4, 2022
What Personal Information We Collect
The Foundation collects different types of personal information about our clients, our Website visitors, and our App users. We may collect the following information from you:
• Registration Information: In order to use our Website or App, you may first need to complete a registration form that may include name, email address, physical address, interests, and similar information. We use this information to provide the Website and App to you, to contact you about our services, and so we can provide you a more personalized experience on our Website and App.
• Payment Information: Your payment information, such as your credit card number, may be collected for the purposes of processing your donations.
• Event Registration: We may also collect certain personal information from you when you participate in certain events offered by the Foundation. This information may include your age or birthdate. We use this information to provide these events to you.
• Submitted Content: You may also provide personal information about other people, such as their name and mailing address. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing your request or for whatever reason it may have been provided.
• Surveys: We may collect your information in connection with a poll or survey provided through our Website or App. We will not share any personal information you submit in polls or surveys with any outside organization or third party. We may share anonymous or aggregated data that does not identify specific individuals with third parties.
How Your Information is Collected
We may collect the information described above from you, from third parties we partner with, or through other automated means. These sources may include:
• You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: register an account; contact us with questions or comments; upload content to our Website, App or Social Media Pages; attend an event we host; participate in a fundraiser; or make a donation.
• Your Device: Certain information is automatically collected from your device and analyzed when you use our Website or App or interact with our Social Media Pages.
• Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, like analytics or advertising companies. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices. Your information may also be shared with us by other individuals, such as your friends and family, when they use a service on our Website or App. If another person has provided us with your information, we will only process your information for the applicable purpose(s) as described below in How We Use Your Information.
• Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information with us, which is typically aggregated and doesn’t include personal data. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy notices and settings.
• Log Files: We may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We collect an IP address from all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
• Fulfillment: Fulfilling your requests and completing your donations, including processing payments and delivering packages.
• Advertising: Presenting advertising to you through various communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
• Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Website, App, and Social Media Pages) and monitoring the effectiveness of our advertising and communications.
• Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize our relationship with you, including presenting customized communication, advertising and experiences on our Website, App, and our Social Media Pages.
• Communications: Communicating with you, including responding to your requests and asking for feedback through surveys or other messages.
• Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Your Information and For What Purposes
We may share your personal information with third parties for limited purposes. For example, we may share personal information with:
• Service Providers: We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to us to help us with our business activities, including processing donations, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Website, App, and Social Media Pages, providing events and services to you, and helping us communicate with you. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in What Personal Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
• Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our organization. We may share with them the types of information described in What Personal Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected.
• Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Website or App, users of our Website or App, or the public.
Access and Choice
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
• Your Privacy Options: We provide you with the option to: know whether we hold any of your personal information, correct your personal information, and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to exercise any of these options, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
• Newsletters and Promotional Communications: If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included at the bottom of each newsletter, through our Website, or by contacting us by email, telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will honor your unsubscribe submission within 30 days.
• Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: NAI Opt-Out (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) and DAA Opt-Out (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1) (you will leave the Website or App for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preference under those programs).
Our Website and App are not intended for kids under 13. No one under 13 should share any personal information with us, including by creating an account or making a donation. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records. To request deletion of personal information relating to a child under 13, please email email@example.com.
We have implemented security technologies, processes and procedures designed to protect your information, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. You can protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for the Website, App, and any associated email addresses. If you have concerns about the security of your account, or wish to alert us of any potential vulnerabilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain personal information for as long as needed to provide you services. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to request that we no longer use personal information to provide you services. We may retain some personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notification of Policy Changes
We may display personal testimonials from members of our community on our Website and App in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Our Website and App may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided for your convenience and in no way signify any endorsement of any such websites or the content thereof. Access to any such linked site is at your own risk, and we will not have any liability arising out of or related to such sites and/or their content, or for any damages or loss caused by or in connection with any use of or reliance on such content, or any goods or services, available on or through such site.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Foundation Commitment to Our Donors
Questions About Our Policies
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Foundation
700 Children’s Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
525 East Mound Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Toll Free: 1 (866) 317-5437
Tel: (614) 323-9892
Fax: (614) 355-5410